Saturday, January 17, 2015

SmallDaughter's Day Out

Yesterday (Friday) SmallDaughter didn't have school--but all of the big kids DID. So I decided to make her day great! We started by getting dressed at the normal, super early time (We have Seminary from 5:10 to 6:05, and normally she gets on her bus around 6:30, but instead--she got to go with her beloved big kids, and we dropped them off at school. Then, we drove over to the YMCA where I normally go do a workout (I have been meaning to blog about that fairly important change in my life, but I...haven't. Ah, well.) She got to SWIM for 2 full hours! She had a great time! The second hour was during my "AquaDance" class--where I didn't get the best workout ever, but she had a lot of fun! After we got showered and dressed I took her over to the library. The town the big kids attend school in is about 30 minutes away from our house, and she had never been to this library, but it was (of course!) love at first sight! Especially when she found that they had an elevator! And an adorable little playhouse kitchen area--which is her favorite! Just to top it all off, we got her a hamburger and fries for lunch!!!!!
Then we went to the Amish Sewing Machine store (no, not for me to buy an awesome new Bernina, but to get my scissors sharpened--finally!), and to the little Amish bulk food store. She is still a little rough on the concept "only eat ONE sample", but we had a good time! Then we picked up the big kids and came home.

She had a great, great day (I know this, because as soon as she opened her eyes this morning, she asked to go swimming!).

Sadly, I was developing a fever and body aches, which really clouded my joy with her. The big kids (bless their hearts!) put me to bed, dosed me with meds, cooked a yummy dinner and watched SmallDaughter for the rest of the day. I think a nap, meds and a full nights sleep may have conquered it, because today was definitely better.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about all the little details in your life! Your day with Small Daughter sounds wonderful! I can imagine how much fun she had with it just being you and her all day. And the Amish stores.... I must come see them sometime! We like to go to Sugarcreek, Ohio and the little Amish towns around there but we didn't make it over there this past year. We're sure to make it a bigger priority this year. Our favorite Amish bakery is there!

    ReplyDelete