Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Recovering

LOTS of fun has been going on at my house. For weeks now. And we have loved it ALL!

However, that also means I am even more sleep deprived than usual (which, for those who know my semi-permanent, walking zombie-ness are quite surprised to find is even possible!) and my house is even more piled up than usual.

This week I am slowly digging out of both. Baby Steps. Little bits at a time.

I am not sure what to do about the multiple places where SmallDaughter poured entire bottles of food coloring on the carpet--and a Large bottle of Methylene Blue, also. Sigh.

I promised pictures of chicks--here they are!


This year, we have Rhode Island Red chicks.





Two cute chicks!



Here are the Turkey Chicks

The chicks are growing well--the chicks have doubled in size, and the turkeys have quadrupled.

In other EXCITING NEWS!: My youngest brother R--the one who makes me feel both very old (every time he hits a !@#$%^ milestone in his life) and very young (when I hang out with him, and enjoy his random hilariosity!) just won an $8000.00 Presidential Scholarship to the local House of Higher Learning! Way to go, dude! And, I am happy to continue proof reading your essays (I particularly like the random Captain America and Aquabats references!).

2 comments:

  1. For the red dye - get lots of white towels or washcloths. Mix up 2 cups water, 4-6 drops of the original blue Dawn dishsoap, and a teaspoon of ammonia. Wet the towels with the mixture, set over the stain, and blot slightly to dampen the carpet. Leave the towel, and put a warm (lowest setting) iron on the towel over the stain. Check every 5 minutes and add new towels as needed. When the stain is gone, rinse the carpet well. I know this works on red - kool-aid especially, but it would probably work on blue as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Miss(ed) Eloquence,

    Thanks for the tip-I will let you know (eventually) how it works out. AND by the way--who the heck are you? I have narrowed it down to one of my cousins, but that isn't VERY narrow! I have LOTS of cousins--and you don't have much info on your personal page!

    ReplyDelete