Three weeks ago, the light burned out in my downstairs bathroom. By this I mean both the switch and the light socket. Totally dead. Nada. Nothing. Not particularly surprising--this house is over 100 years old, and things go out all the time. HOWEVER--the downstairs bath (which, in realtor terms is a "quarter bath" ie., a tiny closet containing a sink and a toilet. Thats it.) doesn't have any windows, and when it's light went it was DARK.
My creative children solved this by placing a row of all of my scented, decorative candles in a row across the top of the sink. Lovely. Problem delayed.
Yesterday (Yippee!!) the light fixture was repaired, and light was restored again!
Revealing--wow, you don't see a whole lot by candlelight! The sink was filled with a multicolored hodgepodge of wax drips that reminded me of an italian restaraunt candle my mom had when I was small (stuff a colored candle in a short, round wine bottle, let it drip down the sides, then burn lots of different colors so you have lots of picturesque drippage--what can I say, it was the 70's!)
Anyway, I had to remove the trap from the sink to clean all the stuff out (lots of burned match stubs, also) and scrub the sink with much elbow grease, and many tools, but now--VOILA! A sparkling clean, brightly lit bathroom!
I don't like cleaning much, but I do love nice, clean stuff!
Thanksgiving Place Settings [Kids Table]
2 weeks ago