Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Blog Challenge - Day 1

Introduce, recent picture of myself and 15 interesting facts about myself.

I'm Marie, and I'm a Mormon. I'm a wife (married for almost 17 years to My Favorite Gentleman). I'm the mom of 3 awesome kids (BigGirl,LargeBoy and SmallDaughter). I am the caretaker of: 1 WonderDog (SmallDaughter's Service Dog, through 4 Paws for Ability) miscellaneous cats (currently 1 gray shorthair female "Cat-cat", 1 gray longhair female "Thor", 1 orange shorthair male "Hobbes", 1 currently pregnant mostly-black tortoiseshell female "Phantom"--which means more babies soon!)
and about 40 chickens (which I like more than I ever thought I would). I homeschool the two big kids, and am very grateful for SmallDaughter's good teachers.



Recent Picture of myself: It was taken in November 2011.


15 interesting facts about me! [You probably already know most of these]

1. I love to bake, but I don't have a cake gene (it will either look good OR taste good--take your pick!) Any other pastry, I am great at.
2. I am an advocate for breastfeeding, attachment mothering, and families.
3. I had my babies at home.
4. I read compulsively. Truly--I can't help myself (and I read extraordinarily fast-not bragging, just the fact that I can read 3 paperbacks in 1 day). This is not always a good thing.
5. I served a Spanish Speaking Mission in California. I surprise people when they hear this extra white girl speak Spanish.
6. I wish I had a great contralto singing voice. I don't.
7. I was an art major in college.
8. I do not particularly like to clean, although I do enjoy having a tidy house.
9. I LOVE FlyLady.net
10. I don't tan. At all. And, I have given up letting the sun touch my bare skin, because of some severely unattractive freckling issues.
11. When I was a small child, I was blond. Then my hair turned brown. Now it is red, but mostly just to cover up how @#$%^&*! grey I have gone. My hair looks 20 years older than my face.
12. I love to sew, especially costumes--the more flamboyant, the better! I always heard how hard it was to sew formals and wedding dresses, but I love it. But I don't like to sew ordinary clothes.
13. I am the oldest of 11 children.
14. I am exceptionally bossy (sometimes). I do mean well--but, you know...
15. I have very little personal dignity--which means I am game for anything! You need somebody to dress up as the Statue of Liberty? Check. The Cat in the Hat? Check. Peter Rabbit's mommy? Check. It makes life a lot more fun (for me at least!) Any occasion or opportunity where dressing up is possible, I believe in making the most of! (did you ever wonder what kind of person gets dressed up in costume for the latest Harry Potter release or Twilight movie--yeah, that's me.

2 comments:

  1. I still remember Alison and my first girls camp and you came to be with Vonnie... and you read the whole time! I wish I could read as fast as you! Even books I love still take me a while. Melinda, Ben and my mom all read crazy fast.
    We STILL want to come see your family and home and chickens and kitties and... and.... everything else! I'd love to see the older versions of your children, and has it really been 17 years since you got married? Mel and I both remember you and Spencer dating that summer we came to visit in Ohio. That can't have been THAT long ago. Okay, fine. It was 1995, but I swear we are all still young kids just pretending to be adults!
    This will be so fun reading your challenge posts!

    ReplyDelete