Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Events and Happenings

The first (joyous) event happened in the early morning hours today, when I became an Aunt (again!) to such a cutie-sweetie boy!



He weighed 10 lbs, 4 oz, which happens to be what I weighed at birth also! His older sisters are thrilled to welcome him to their family, and his proud papa N says that he is "healthy and strong. And hungry. And active." How I love new babies!

In my less exciting life (well, this might be exciting, but it isn't fun)SmallDaughter has to go in for additional testing tomorrow morning. They are going to do the "extended video EEG", which means they need her to sleep for at least 4 hours.

To get her to sleep 4 hours without any drugs or "assistance", I was given the task of waking her up at midnight, and not letting her sleep again until she was hooked up for the test. Including the hour and a half car ride there.

Why, oh why do they have to do these tests at 9:00 in the morning instead of say, 8:00 pm (bedtime)? So, if you run into me, and I am babbling and incoherent--at least this time I have a good excuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment