Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Where am I, Exactly?

Several years ago, when SmallDaughter had her first EEG, because we didn't know they would be doing one, they neglected to tell us to keep her from sleeping--so I ended up holding her screaming, fighting WELL RESTED body perfectly still for them, for an hour and a half as they ran the test. It was one of the worst chunks of my life. Looking back, it is pretty much the 7th circle of hell.

Today was merely the 3rd or 4th circle. Yep, I kept her up all night (videos, waffles and stroller rides at 3 am). Yep, we kept her awake in the car (thanks to a loving auntie and lots of times through "The Wheels On The Bus" and "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes"). HOWEVER, during the actual test, she still only slept for 1 1/2 hours, and I had to hold her down for the rest(2 1/2 hours). She didn't scream as much, and she did get to watch TV this time (and she is better at holding still), but she was pretty fed up, and kept signing "all done" to me.

We will tackle the superglue remnants in her hair tomorrow.

I am now running on 3 hours of sleep in the last 36 hours--but I still have stuff I have to get done. I will go to bed soon, though. Thankfully it is overcast, which makes it much easier for me to sleep during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment