Friday, October 23, 2009

Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get me.

My dear friends are all aware of (and mock me for) my strange paranoia: I feel that everyone forgets me as soon as I leave the room.

SO I am completely stunned (and rather horrified) when people remember me (why, why, WHY?).

Yes, I know it isn't rational.

I remember hundreds of people, many of whom I have only met briefly. I like the vast majority of them. I have no reason to assume people would not remember or like me--but there it is.

I have quietly assumed that my blog was being read by maybe 6 people--three of whom are related to me. The comments that have been left have pretty well backed up that assumption. Now I have this cute little map gadget--and whoa! People in places I have never heard of have stopped by, at least for a minute.

This shouldn't surprise me, either. I follow several blogs, from "unmet" friends around the world, that I have stumbled upon, and that I now cherish reading. I hope the new blog friends enjoy what I have to say, or at least get something out of it. I do enjoy this technology that allows friendships that never could have happened otherwise.

If you are a new friend, let me recommend reading the very first post, about who I am, and how it got it's name. It might help.

Also, whether you are a new friend or an old friend--I love comments, and would love it if you said "hi" or let me know when you enjoy something. Positive feedback always makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment