Monday, October 19, 2009

Whoa! Adventure! (albeit minor adventure)

This morning I have been alone in the house--quite, quite glorious!

However, while I was upstairs, I kept hearing little noises--but old houses make noise, so it didn't really bother me. However, after I came downstairs and started working on the computer, I noticed that the birds were being very noisy today. And possibly bonking into the windows again.

Our doves seem to lack all brain cells, and routinely fly into the windows, which are a) curtained and b) COVERED in crayon, paint marker, toothpaste, lotion, etc--(thanks to SmallDaughter, we have very few opaque windows!).

However, when I slowly went into the dining room to see which window was causing all the fuss, I found a bird (sparrow, I think, but a bit large, so maybe something else) IN MY KITCHEN. Poor thing. It was trying desperately to get out, and I opened the door and a window, and (fortunately) it didn't take it long!

I'm not blogging much because I am sewing for halloween. Last week I hooked people up with a gorgeous renaissance purple velvet with white and gold trim gown, outfits for Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Toad and a Goomba, and parts of other costumes. This week it continues.

I just love it!


I want to blog about autumn, but I never seem to get around to it. I used to hate fall, but now I think it is my favorite (of course, I have LOTS of favorites--the kids always tease me that every single option is my favorite--except crickets!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment