Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 15: Bible verse

My children and my seminary students always mock me(kindly!) when I say "this is my favorite scripture". They tell me I ALWAYS say that, and that they are ALL my favorite! This is true. I have a very hard time picking just one favorite of anything, and scriptures are harder than most others! However, I do think one of my favorites is in Isaiah 49:14-16

But Zion said, The Lord hath aforsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.

Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.




It is more meaningful when you realize that every person who has ever lived will be resurrected with a perfect body--even my great scar collection will be gone. The only resurrected being with any scars is the Savior, who has us literally engraved into the palms of his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment