Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 18: Favorite Place to Eat

Sadly, my very favorite restaurant of all time, "The Italian Oven" went out of business years ago. And, not just my local franchise, either--the whole chain disappeared when I wasn't looking
(ie.--lived in the West). My second favorite is the BEST Mexican restaurant I have ever been too--(including my Spanish Speaking mission in Southern California!) which is located about 10 miles away, in a dinky little town (still bigger than MY town, but pretty dinky, nonetheless!). They have spoiled me for all other Mexican food (except homemade tortillas, which are a class by themselves).

Other than those--my favorite thing to eat is anything containing the magic ingredient "I-didn't-have-to-cook-it"!

But I have 3 pieces of food advice to make your life better:


If you have a chance to go to a Peruvian Restaurant--DO! And if, on their menu, they have "Papas la huancaina"--GET THEM! (Since Peru is where all potatoes--"papas" come from, they have A LOT of potato options. PlH has cooked, sliced potatoes, which are served cold, with a FABULOUS sauce.)

If you have a chance to go to an El Salvadoranean Restaurant, order the "Cheese Pupusas" or "Pupusas de Queso", WITH the Curtido ("which is a lightly fermented cabbage slaw with red chilies and vinegar"--technically correct, but not even CLOSE to doing it justice!)--JUST DO IT!

And, whenever life gives you a chance to travel with "foodies"--DO! In fact, traveling with "foodies" is so great, they are worth seeking out, cultivating, and making up excuses for road trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment