Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 21: Favorite Picture of yourself ALL TIME Why?

I don't have access to it right now.

So instead, I will quickly review "Veggie Tales Live" which I attended with SmallDaughter. We watch a LOT of Veggie Tales at our house. We have since BigGirl was very small. I really like that they stay amazingly true to the biblical accounts of the stories they tell, that they are funny and clever, and (most of all) that I can listen to the music over, and over, and over without puking.

SmallDaughter has been entranced for a while now with the "Live" Veggie Tales on Netflix--she invariable chooses it, when given a choice. So I had decided that if they ever brought a live show to town, I would take her.

Several years ago, I attended a "Sesame Street Live", and while there are some similarities, there were some remarkable differences. It was MUCH less commercial. Yes, there was stuff there to buy, but the emphasis was totally different (at SSL, they stopped the show to sell giant Elmo balloons $20 each). At VTL, they gave a short, (and still peppy) presentation for sponsoring a child through World Vision.

SmallDaughter was so excited when Bob walked out I thought her head might explode. She waved at the characters repeatedly, and kept trying to whistle (with fingers, like at a stadium!) at them. She loved it so much...we will definitely do it again, the next time they are in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment